Saturday, October 1, 2011

I'm Actually Laughing With You This Time, Not At You

I had a revelation tonight. You know, one of those deep, philosophical ones? Yeah, of course you do.

Anyway, I was all, hey, I should blog about that.

I was gonna make it be a post like "guess what I just realized about human nature as a whole."

But then I realized, it's probably just me.

Because most people aren't like me.

In fact, I would say nobody's quite like me, except the special few.

I actually had somebody tell me at rehearsal the other day that I was the most frank person that they had ever met.

They asked me if I had a boyfriend.

I said no.

They laughed.

I told them that I hated them.

It really helped counter their point.

Anyway, I really did have a revelation. And it's that I, if not other people who may or may not be nicer than me, tend to take people who make me feel good for granted.

I generally just assume that unless people are assholes, I will get along with them well enough to have a good time.

But that's really not the case. People don't have to simply not suck, they actually have to be cool too.

There are plenty of people who I don't hate. In fact, I really don't hate anyone.

And there are most definitely some people I would really rather not spend any time with, ever.

So when I have a long shift at work that actually doesn't feel that long and I get home in a good mood, it makes me reflect.

Plenty of people are on what you could call my "good side." I don't love them, but I like them enough that if I am forced to spend time with them, I can at least leave in a neutral state of mind.

Some people are on my good side only because they're stupid, and their idiocy entertains me.

I like those people.

But the people who make me laugh not because they're stupid, but just because they're fun, deserve more mental appreciation from me than they're currently getting.

Just mental, though.

Wouldn't want to get crazy.

I've never thought that I was that tough of a person to get along with.

But I realize that I'm intimidating, and as my choir teacher has told me, I am a "dragon lady in training."

I'm proud of that.

People just really don't get appreciated for the way that they act, and I think it's because everybody values different personality traits in the people that they choose as their friends.

I, for one, like it when people have a good sense of humor, but they're not so uptight that they can laugh a little about stuff that may not cause the moral compass to point due north.

I also like it when they're not stupid. But hey, that's just an added bonus. Some of my best friends earned their position because of their lack of i.q. points. Haha, not really, I'm just kidding...

You know who you are.


But when people that I have not actually taken the time to pick as my friends still fit into the category, damn ees niiiice.

So gee, people, thank you.

Really.

I mean it.

Merci.

No comments:

Post a Comment