On the bright side, I got my muse back while at a friend's gig tonight (which was awesome, by the way. Her name is Lindsey Saunders, check her out).
And since it has been a while since I subjected any of you to my poetry, I may as well do it again now. Unedited, freshly inked. Enjoy.
Oh, and since this title did not come easily to me as many of them do, I actually had to think. Which is hard for me. So, after much pondering, it has been tentatively named
Brainwaves in Diapers
(Awesome, right).
Growth versus scissors
Fine versus fat
To make it more jagged
or shield with a hat.
The pinballs they bounce
like shotguns in jell-o,
the splinter too old
for the skin to be mellow.
The top layer chips
and reveals a bare bone
pretending it’s weak,
but it’s never alone.
And when it grows stronger
there’s always a string
Broken down wishes
still posing as flings.
No comments:
Post a Comment